British Liver Trust
The British Liver Trust helps everyone affected by any liver condition, providing support, information and guidance, and lobbying for improved services across the country. Liver Disease is the only cause of death on the increase and affects an estimated 20% of the population. Only by increasing awareness of the risks, campaigning and funding research will we reduce the impact of liver disease in the future.
- Patient support, including websites, helpline, publications and patient support groups
- Improving awareness of the risks and causes, including our Love Your Liver campaign
- Research into causes and treatments.
- Supporting health care professionals to deliver high standards of care and support
- Ensuring patients have a voice at local and national government level
- Educating the public about the risks and how to avoid preventable liver conditions
Sharing information about non-preventable conditions to improve understanding of all liver disease