Every year in the UK, nearly a million children struggle with wetting or soiling problems, but the very nature of the issue means it is often hidden and not talked about. Feeling unable to discuss what is happening, families often think they are the only ones coping day in and day out with the effects of a child with a wetting or soiling condition. ERIC is dedicated to raising awareness and reducing the stigma of these problems and we offer information and support to help families manage or overcome them.
We know that the earlier potential problems are recognised, the easier it is to deal with them. Wetting and soiling problems can affect any child or young person through no fault of their own and for many families they can cause social isolation and stigma and children may suffer bullying. Just knowing why the problems are happening and putting strategies to deal with them in place makes all the difference and can enable families to work together to successfully overcome the conditions.
Help is at hand
ERIC supports families with potty training, childhood bedwetting, daytime wetting and soiling and constipation. In whatever way suits you best, help is at hand:
- Talk to a trained helpline worker on 0845 370 8008 (Monday and Wednesday 9.30am-4.30pm)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Text us on 447 624 811 636
- Our website is full of free to download information on all childhood wetting and soiling problems, including leaflets and peer to peer message boards where you can offer your support and learn how others coped. Our webshop offers many resources to help manage or resolve childhood continence problems.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter ERIC@ERIC_UK
- Follow our blog ericuk.wordpress.com
ERIC relies solely on the financial support of individuals and grants to fund its work and is not funded by the government or the NHS.