The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
RESEARCH AND CLINICAL INITIATIVES
- No organization supports pancreatic cancer patients like we do. Through our Patient Services, we provide more resources and speak with more patients and caregivers than any other pancreatic cancer organization in the world.
- We provide leading-edge patient resources like Know Your Tumor®, a precision medicine service; our Clinical Trial Finder and access to the most up-to-date and comprehensive pancreatic cancer clinical trial database in the United States; and our Patient Registry, the largest database of patient information to help advance research and improve patient care.
- Through a competitive grants process, we fund groundbreaking research across the United States. Since 2003, we have awarded 159 grants to 158 scientists at 58 institutions, with a research investment totaling more than $48.5 million, including our Research Grants Program and our clinical initiatives.
- Precision PromiseSM is our groundbreaking initiative to dramatically improve outcomes for pancreatic cancer patients through a transformative, patient-centric clinical trial and research platform that continuously and rapidly evaluates novel treatment options.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network plays a key role in increasing the federal research investment in pancreatic cancer. To date, our efforts have provided for a nearly 800 percent increase in research dollars for our scientific community.
- We led the efforts to pass the Recalcitrant Cancer Research Act, which created a scientific framework for pancreatic cancer, outlining four national research priorities that are being funded by the National Cancer Institute and it focuses national attention on the disease.
- We are the only organization with a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has built a nationwide volunteer force with 58 affiliates across the country.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has raised over $87 million for the cause just through its volunteer-driven community events from 2008 to 2016.
For more information visit: www.pancan.org