SunSense, the No 1 Australian sun protection brand, is now available at selected Waitrose stores and Ocado. SunSense, which is also available at John Lewis stores and from Crawford Healthcare Ltd, provides high factor protection from the sun’s dangerous rays.
As we all become more aware of the damage the sun can do to the skin, lots of people are choosing sunscreens with a higher Sun Protection Factor (SPF). The SPF of a sunscreen is a measure of its effectiveness. The higher the SPF, the more protection a sunscreen offers against UVB, the ultraviolet radiation that causes sunburn, premature skin ageing and increases the risk of skin cancers.
According to Cancer Research UK statistics, skin cancer is the most common cancer in the UK°, malignant melanoma is the fastest growing cancer in Britain¹ and is disproportionately high in young people². This has resulted in soaring costs to the NHS for something that can be prevented through sensible protection while in the sun. According to a survey carried out by YouGov, on behalf of Cancer Research UK, 96% of Brits are aware that sunburn can cause skin cancer, but still 20% of those surveyed do not use any sun protection while in the sun.
The SunSense range is dermatologically tested and provides high factor protection from the sun’s dangerous rays. To give users maximum protection, all products in the SunSense range are SPF 50 or above. The SunSense range includes:
- Ultra – A light, smooth, easy-to-apply lotion suitable for the whole family. This is great for multi-purpose use at home or on holiday and is water resistant for up to 4 hours.
- Sunsensitive – Suitable for very sensitive skin.
- Daily Face – a moisturising sunscreen ideal for everyday use on the face and neck. This light, soft cream has an oil free base and tinted for a sheer matt finish.
- Anti-ageing Face – A dual purpose product giving both sun protection and premature ageing prevention.
- Toddler Milk – An easy to apply milk formulation specially designed for the delicate skin of infants and children.
The SunSense brand has some enviable credentials, not only is it the No 1 brand in Australia, but within the UK it is the No 1 sunscreen prescribed by doctors³. It is also the No 1 sunscreen used and recommended by 94% of UK dermatologists.
For further information, please contact Crawford Healthcare on 01565 654 920 or visit www.crawfordhealthcare.com
º Cancer Research UK: Cancer incidence for common cancers – UK statistics.
¹ Cancer Research UK: Skin cancer statistics.
² Cancer Research UK: UK incidence statistics. Age trends.
³ IMS data September 2011