With all the bad news about the economy, many people are feeling scared about making any changes in their lives they feel it’s not the ‘right time’.
But now could well be the perfect time! Jessica McGregor Johnson believes that we cannot go through such a huge global and economic shakeup as we have in past few years without things changing forever. And that’s not a bad thing. Old habits that really don’t serve us are being questioned simply because our economy is changing. The old guarantees are no longer in place and success comes to the courageous, who are going out there and making it happen anyway.
So now is great time to change!
Rocking the boat is what you need to do if you are one of those people sitting there wishing you were living a different life. Why? Because rocking the boat creates waves and waves are movement that can begin to change the shape of your personal landscape. It is easier to make changes once you have begun to move, the law of momentum proves this, and it is true as much in our personal lives as it is for a huge tanker.
Getting the life you want is not about throwing the baby out with the bathwater, it does not mean you have to leave behind everything you have worked so hard for. It is often that thought that is scaring people into inaction. Rather, it is about discovering what makes your heart sing and how you can begin to recreate your life following your passion whilst taking care of your responsibilities.
So why is now the right time to do that? It is the right time if you are at a place in your life where you feel the frustration about what you are living. Don’t let this ‘global crisis’ be the thing that stops you. The word crisis comes from two words in ancient Greek one meaning “a separating, power of distinguishing, decision, choice, election, judgment”, and the other meaning, “pick out, choose, decide, judge”. A crisis is a time of opportunity; a time to make new decisions and choose a different way of living.
So if you are feeling that now is your ‘right time’ then here are some tips to start the waves rolling and gain momentum:
1. Give yourself permission to take this time to explore your options. Make a commitment to yourself that you won’t let this slide, that you will make today the day that you started to get the life you want.
2. It’s the inner feeling that makes us happy, not the outer stuff. So, take stock of your life, we often have things we think we have to have or do because of the career we have had. So look at the things you think you have to have in your life and ask yourself, would I need that if I didn’t have the life I have right now?
3. Write a list – what do you love about your life? What could you never do again and not miss it? What do you want more of?
4. Is there is something that you’ve always thought that you’d like to do but never really tried? Research it – you can?’ make a decision about something until you have the full picture. And there is no risk in doing the research!
5. Enrol an accountability buddy – someone who will keep you going even if you flag – a real cheerleader.
By following these tips and making the decision when the time is right for you, you can change your life – regardless of the ‘global crisis’. Good luck!
Jessica McGregor Johnson is author of ‘The Right T-Shirt; write your own rules and live the life you want?’ Jessica has worked internationally as a coach for nine years empowering women to go out and live the life they choose. Jessica has been there, done that and got the wrong T-Shirt so has walked the path she now writes about. For details of her courses, books, and retreat programme ins Span see: http://www.jessicamcgregorjohnson.com