Prep Time 5 Mins
Cooking Time 25 Mins
Cooking Sous Vide is one of my favourite cooking methods. Meat tastes succulent, flavoursome and perfectly cooked. Veg retain its colour and nutritional value. Fish in sous vide is outstanding!I am always a little rusty at cooking fish and I must say that sous viding fish makes the process practically fool proof!
This recipe is absolutely divine, full of flavours, looks extremely impressive, but what’s more it is easy to make and healthy, paleo and nutritious.
- 2 cups of frozen petit pois, defrosted.
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- 100g Pancetta (diced)
- 100g of Chorizo (diced)
- 2 cod fillets
- Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Homemade Minted Tomato and Chilli Salsa (simply blend olive oil, chilli, cherry tomatoes and mint together. Saves for 1 month.)
- Balsamic reduction glaze.
- Arrive home, fill the Sous Vide Supreme with water and heat to 64 degrees.
- Heat up a non stick pan with a tiny amount of olive oil. Add the cod and briefly sear on each side for around 45 seconds each side. Season and add to a Sous Vide Pouch. Add the lemon juice to the pouch.
- Vacuum pack the Cod and add to the Sous Vide Supreme. (will take 20 mins.)
- In the pan, add the pancetta and cod. Pan fry until crunchy and browned. Set aside.
- Using a mini blender add the peas and 2 tablespoons of the salsa. Pulse for around 30 seconds. Add the peas to a small sauce pan to heat (begin to heat when you add the spinach.)
- Add the spinach to a zip Sous Vide Supreme Pouch with a hit of water and some of the oil form the pancetta and chorizo. Add to the Sous Vide Supreme. Allow to wilt for 5 minutes.
- Heat plates for 5 minutes.
- Add to the plate spotting of the minted chilli salsa. In between the spotting add the pancetta and chorizo. Using a serving ring added a base of the wilted spinach. The spinach should retain its form and colour; overcooked spinach will become dark and break up.
- Now add a layer of the crushed peas to the spinach.
- Remove the cod from the Sous Vide Supreme and set aside. Remove from packet.
- Remove the serving ring from the spinach and peas. Balance the cod on top of the peas.
- Glaze with the balsamic reduction using a zig zag method.