I always have Nakd Bars in my desk for when I am feeling peckish, or am craving that bar of chocolate. Although Lara Bars shouldn’t be eaten every day, they are great for when you want a little portable treat.
Follow the basic principles in the recipe- mixing dates with nuts in a blender. But then play around with different flavours to come up with your perfect combination. I always try to keep the nut ratio as high as possible without the mixture breaking up, as you often find that Nakd style bars contain way too much sugar.
For 4 bars I took:-
- 2 big handfuls of dates
- 2 big handfuls of macadamia nuts
- 1 dessert spoon of 100% organic coco powder
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- I then whizzed the dates and nuts in a blender, then mixed in the coco powder. I then sprinkled in some sesame seeds.
- I then massaged the ingredients together and moulded them into bars.
- Add orange extract, peppermint essence, almond butter, cashew nuts, almonds! Anything really! Turn them into portable treats.
- Paleo Chocolate and Avocado Pud (paleopolly.com)