This is a great dish to get tucked into for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make a big batch early in the week, and it serves as a great fast food dish, for when you’re in the rush and are running late.
You can follow the basic recipe, mixing up the ingredients, giving the dish a seasonal twist!
- Shred 4-5 sweet potatoes, using a grater
- 1 large onion, diced
- Chopped Swiss chard (or use spinach, broccoli or other greens)
- Outdoor bred bacon lardons
- 6 Free range eggs
Variations can include:-
Mushrooms, courgettes, salmon, asparagus, roasted peppers.
- Shred the sweet potato, chop the chard, dice the onion. Throw all in a bowl.
- Grease with coconut oil a quiche/ pie dish.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and season.
- Tip all into the pie dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Slice into portions, will keep for 3-4 days.