Listen up all you coeliacs, wheat allergics or grain intolerant types. You might be thinking Christmas is going be tough, avoiding wheat and breadcrumbs in stuffing, sausages, gravy, canapes etc. etc. Fear not because here are ten top tips to help you get Christmas covered.
Have yourself a totally Genius gluten free Christmas.
- Making gluten free breadcrumbs from Genius White Sandwich bread means you can make many favourite Christmas recipes:
• Use freshly crumbed Genius bread to make bread sauce
• Mix minced pork, onion, herbs and other flavouring ingredients, with freshly crumbed white Genius bread to make your family’s favourite Christmas stuffing
• For gluten free Christmas pudding, use freshly crumbed white or brown Genius bread.
- Homemade gluten free sausage meat is also fantastic for making handmade chipolata sausages and pigs in blankets
- Make gluten free bite sized croutes as a base for canapes and finger food for your Christmas drinks parties with White Genius sandwich loaf
- Make larger sized gluten free toasted croutes and top with grated Gruyere cheese mixed with Dijon mustard and black pepper for adding crunch and extra flavour to your favourite soups
- Make gluten free croutons with white Genius Sandwich or Bloomer bread for warming winter soups and tasty salads
- Use Genius Fruit loaf to make a seasonal, spiced bread and butter pudding or toasted with honey and banana for a tasty breakfast
- For a light Christmas supper, top a Genius toasted and buttered crumpet or two with a thick slice of baked ham, poached eggs and mustard.
- Make hearty turkey, cranberry, stuffing and breadsauce sandwiches with Genius white, brown and white sandwich bread or Genius seeded rolls
- Substitute wheat flour with rice flour or cornflour to thicken your gravy and milk based sauces for turkey or fish pie fillings
- Follow our breaded camber with cranberry sauce on our website as a delicious warming starter.
Happy gluten free Christmas everyone!
Have you got any other #GF tips?