To celebrate Coeliac Awareness Week (12-18th May 2014) here are this week’s top five coeliac and gluten free reads, in no particular order, which all arrived into my inbox this week.
Perfect for coeliacs, wheat allergic or wheat intolerant people, hopefully there will be something here for everybody:
Living Without magazine
– I know this is US based but although you can’t buy the actual magazine, you can get recipes emailed to you for free. Worth subscribing if you’re a coeliac or wheat allergic. http://www.livingwithout.com/
Feel Free for Gluten Free new corn pasta
– This Yorkshire based free from food brand make four varieties of 100% corn pasta and launched their new pasta last Saturday at the York GF food fair and to coincide with Coeliac Awareness Week starting today. The range includes penne, fusilli, spaghetti, and an alphabet pasta sure to be a big hit with kids.
Coeliac eating out experiences in London
– One of my favourite coeliac bloggers, Gluten Free by the Sea has written this week not just about Coeliac Awareness Week but also his recent experiences taking a newly diagnosed coeliac out for lunch in London. He shares LOADS of cafes and restaurants that you might like to try which all managed to cater fairly well for the gluten free diner.
Coeliac diagnosis rises 20 fold
– news from Coeliac UK and a kick up the gluten free baking industry’s backside. Industry needs to step up! Says Coeliac UK. New research apparently shows that 1 in 100 people now have coeliac disease and a whopping 24% may be undiagnosed.
Gluten free pie and beer on offer!
– Celia lager is currently on offer at various supermarkets along with Clives gluten free pies. You can get yourself some discounted celia lager, which is delicious and perfect on a warm spring evening (this weather is glorious), at the following places:
- Ocado – 30th April – 20th May – CELIA & Pie for just £4! GF Heaven!!
- RHYTHM & BOOZE OFFER – 13th May – 23rd June 2014 – 4 bottles of CELIA for the price of 3!
- BOOTHS – 21st May – 17th June – 3 bottles of CELIA for just £6!
What are you doing to celebrate Coeliac Awareness Week? I have been enjoying BFree’s gluten, dairy and egg free wraps this week. I am officially the worlds worst at making wraps so no photos but they tasted nice. I am perfecting my technique with the help of a clever youtube video.
I’m going to crack open a bottle of Celia lager tonight and drink it in the sun in my back garden. Happy gluten free week everyone.
You can find out more about Coeliac Awareness Week on the Coeliac UK website.