Since face wash and acne cream weren’t working for me, I started doing some research on how to deal with these annoying issues from a more natural point of view.
Based on the research I found, I have created an acne treatment, which I have found to work better than anything else!
with Three Simple Ingredients:
- Lemon or Lime Juice: The acid in the lemon or lime works as an anticeptic treatment as well as dries out acne. These are both good things FYI.
- 5 mg prednisone: This was my own addition to what I found online. Since prednisone has anti-inflammatory qualities, I thought it would be a good addition to my treatment, and I was right! Works like a dream!
- Neosporin or similar salve: This part is to fend off infection and to help keep the area from drying out too much.
- Get a small container and add several drops of lemon or lime juice to the bottom of the bowl.
- Drop the prednisone into the juice, let sit for a few seconds, and then use a blunt object to smash the prednisone until fully dissolved.
- Lastly, add the salve and mix all the ingredients into the salve and apply liberally to the area.
*Only use as much salve as needed to cover the affected areas.
This solution is safe to leave on over night, but I would suggest placing a small piece of paper towel or tissue on top of the salve in order to keep it from getting on your pillow. This being said, you can leave it on for pretty much any length of time.
I have found this treatment to be highly effective and beneficial as I struggle with dealing with my new acne problem! Whats ironic is I finally have a normal twenty year old problem, acne, amidst my truly not so normal life.