Hello From Me and some quick advice please!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 am

Re: Hello From Me and some quick advice please!

Hi!

I'm sorry you haven't found a solution yet... hope she's growing well (even if not sleeping well..). I didn't reply you earlier as I saw you left the same comment on my blog and I replied there. A few things about sleeping at night
- shower closer to bedtime
- moisturize after
- Wet wrap (if skin is dry), try kids glove Tubifast/Dermasilk
- Keep room cool
- Check humidity, not below 50, get humidifier
- Work on finding triggers - allergy testing, if house dust mite, then wash sheets weekly in 60 deg C above temp water
- Co-sleeping for a little while may help to relieve some stress in child and sleep better; though there are many pitfalls like no couple time, adult can't sleep well with awkward positioning with kid snuggled beside, increase contribution of shed skin for house dust mite
- If your child likes it cool, can try sleeping on a cool pack on the head :)

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Shannon1

by Shannon1 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:07 am

Sorry to hear about your daughter. When my little girl had it bad and it kept her awake at night I found the best thing to do is keep her well moisturised. The dryer the skin the itchier it gets. I found a product that is all natural and would use their oil, plastic wrap her and cover that with crepe bandages (so she could get the plastic and choke). You may not want to use what I did but I found their website had a lot of really good information as the product was produced by a family who's child also had eczema. I hope your daughter can get some relief soon and the information from this site helps you.

Shannon
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL, please check forum rules

HubblesMom

by HubblesMom on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:23 pm

:( I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through that. This isn't specific to sleeping, but I found a really great product to help with my son's eczema that has really been helping the whole rash calm down and he just feels better overall. Our whole family has been frustrated and nervous with all the steroid creams and medication (I really don't like using harsh chemicals with my kids when I don't have to). A friend of mine recommended Yoreganics. They talked a lot on the site about how laundry detergent and skin care products can cause nasty flare ups. We switched over our laundry care and have been using the Yorebalm which has helped tremendously! It's an all organic and natural and I feel so much better about putting something on my kids that doesn't have all the steroids in it. We know there's a lot more to do with diet, etc, (let's be honest, kids aren't really great about wanting to eat organic) but we're glad to have this relief. Hope that helps! Good Luck with everything!
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed, commercial promotion not allowed per our terms and conditions.

4 posts