The Paleo diet and your thoughts?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Jessenic0

by Jessenic0 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:16 pm

The Paleo diet and your thoughts?

Hey. I have had eczema for 3 years now. There has been a host of treatments I have done and countless doctors visits. I've had infections and severe ones at that.

I'm keen on your thoughts on the Paleo Diet. I'm on it, if enough people want, I'll do a post up, but I was wondering if any other people have used this diet successfully?

pfwaterhouse

by pfwaterhouse on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Re: The Paleo diet and your thoughts?

I was on the Paleo diet (with shorter periods of being on the Autoimmune Paleo diet) since September and have caused myself unnecessary misery, suffering and discomfort convincing myself that my skin was getting better and refusing to seek medical help.

I'm not saying that if you have a particular intolerance it won't help but from my experience the Paleo diet won't heal your eczema. Doctors across the board say that diet doesn't have an affect on eczema, I don't believe that excessive amounts of sugar can't have some kind of bad effect on your overall health and therefore your eczema, but cutting certain things out otherwise will not cause your eczema to disappear.

I do believe that a balanced diet rich in fruit and veg, as well as supplements like probiotics, vitamin d, and Omega 3 help somewhat, but they are not a cure of any sorts.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:52 am

Re: The Paleo diet and your thoughts?

Thanks for your sharing - eating balanced diet, plenty fruits and veg, associated with less inflammation, possibly less eczema/allergic conditions. Studies wise omega 3 and probiotics have some supporting studies. But I agree that eczema is much more than just the diet - it's also an inherent defective skin barrier interacting with the environment we live in. Many more parts to the puzzle.

Take care everyone!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

3 posts