shampoos and conditioners

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
itchyhippy

by itchyhippy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:23 pm

shampoos and conditioners

hi everyone,
was just wondering if anyone could recommend any shampoos or conditioners that are suitable for people with eczema as i'm sure the ordinary ones i use can't be helping my skin.
look forward to your suggestions

Shannontrees

by Shannontrees on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Re: shampoos and conditioners

I use Free & Clear Shampoo and COnditioner and they have helped with the flare-ups on my skin. The only thing is that they don't really smell great and can be drying for your hair.

Some people recommended Aveeno but I've found that they're products irritate my skin. Obviously, each case is different.

itchyhippy

by itchyhippy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:04 pm

ok thank you, i will look into both those products. cheers for your advice - its good to know there are other people out there that know how i feel. sometimes it really gets me down.
xx

donna86

by donna86 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi, Ive been using a organic aloe vera shampoo and conditioner from holland and barratts. Also waitrose sell a selection another good one ive used is called J.A.S.O.N they are both pretty good
hope this helps x x

ItinerantChild

by ItinerantChild on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Dead Sea Magik Scalp Mud - from Holland and Barratt.

This is the most brilliant product and I wish I'd discovered it years ago! I stopped using any shampoos or conditioners about a year ago, at a stage when my scalp was so dry that my hair was falling out by the handful, and my hands were so sore with eczema that using shampoo hurt. This scalp mud is a treat for your head and your hands, and my hair is now thicker, cleaner and in much better condition than ever before. I would 100% recommend this product to anyone. It's gentle enough for a baby, it doesn't irritate, it has no nasty chemicals, it is a fabulous cleanser and brilliant conditioner. The downside is that is is quite expensive (but then so is shampoo and conditioner) so I would advise heading for H&B when they have one of their numerous sales on.

Use the Scalp Mud instead of shampoo and conditioner. My scalp has healed completely now but I still continue to use this product and will never go back to shampoo again. Never!

maithlynoor

by maithlynoor on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:51 am

There are various factors that can be a major cause of the origination of this disorder and furthermore be major reasons as to why this disorder gets worsened with time. The meticulous and the most precise

6 posts