Help: will my cuticle area grow back after eczema attack?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
nicoleavara

by nicoleavara on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Help: will my cuticle area grow back after eczema attack?

a pic of my fingers. its the ring finger, see how its raised? (this pic is from one month ago, looks similar)
a pic of my fingers. its the ring finger, see how its raised? (this pic is from one month ago, looks similar)
unnamed.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
So a couple months ago I got an eczema outbreak on my fingers, and for my left ring finger, I guess it really got bad around my nail, and now although it's not red anymore it's still raised, and does not connect to the nail with a smooth cuticle. Will it ever go back to normal!!!??? I've been up every night worrying about it, as I used to be very proud of the look of my hands... Attached are two photos: one is of someone else's nail who looks to have the same problem ( I'm using it because it's clearer than my own photos) and two photos from a month ago and one from today. Please give some insight!!!
EDIT: i cant seem to post more than 2 photos, so currently these 2 are both of my own nail, and these are from 1 month ago... still looks similar to now (maybe a weensy bit better but honestly i cant tell)
Attachments
side view (top finger is the affected one.) see how its raised? not smooth to the nail? also from 1 month ago
side view (top finger is the affected one.) see how its raised? not smooth to the nail? also from 1 month ago
unnamed (1).jpg (46.93 KiB) Viewed 2522 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 am

Re: Help: will my cuticle area grow back after eczema attack

Hi! Can't really tell from the picture and not much help when it comes to fingers... you mean the eczema was on the skin under the nail and led to the raising of the nail? Can only think of not putting anything on your fingers that may lead to contact eczema.. my daughter's fingers got better with dry wrap at night (bandage over moisturizer) but finger nail wise, she's been biting so hardly any nail..

Take care, hugs!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

nicoleavara

by nicoleavara on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:01 am

Re: Help: will my cuticle area grow back after eczema attack

no, the eczema was on the skin around the nail and i guess the constant scratching made the cuticle seperate? anyway, i will try the dry wrap you suggested. thanks!

3 posts