Curing my eczema... Hopefully

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

30 posts
Ms Lady G

by Ms Lady G on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:03 am

Re: Curing my eczema... Hopefully

Hello
I understand: I got another food test i have not had one in 4 yrs or so..guess what meat came up of all meats"chicken" WOW really...try to strengthen your immune system with vitamins, pro-biotics, and eat more veggies than meat and continue to pray for answers...AND for me I have to keep my stress down way down...my immune system is so low...i will start taking the cod live oil though..thanks guys
There is a saying
"What goes in, must come out"
The problem is that with dermatology doctors they do not seem to have that principle
They believe its a external issue and I have been told many times, Here is a pres for some "cream"
And people wonder why its not going away, its because they are internal issues we face
emotionally, physically, spiritually that need to be addressed
This is a blog called mybeautyforashes.net that will be a community of people to discuss the pain and testimonies of how to have a healthy life from the inside out and a prayer line will be coming next year in 2014
Check it out!
Lady G

bumpyface

by bumpyface on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:03 am

Face is dry, blotchy, red, and rough. Clearly what I'm doing right now isn't working. It's no coincidence that my condition ALWAYS looks worse immediately after my morning shower. Why is this? I think it's as simple as the water drying out my skin, but just to be thorough, here are all the potential causes I can think of:

-Water dries out skin
-Hot water dries out skin even worse
-Pat dry with cotton towel. Could cause further stripping of oils. Or, could also be having a reaction to traces of detergent, fabric softener, or mildew on the towel.

I'm going to try washing my face each night with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser again, but this time I will moisturize with Cerave Moisturizing Cream (which should be more effective than the moisturizers that I've used before). If I'm still dealing with dry, red, blotchy skin after this, then I will consider experimenting with evening showers and air drying my face.

-I will take WARM showers, never HOT
-I will only use body wash below the neck
-I will NOT use shampoo or conditioner
-I will continue to wash all of my laundry with the ALL Free and Clear detergent and will not use dryer sheets
-I will NOT take Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Picolinate, or a Multi-Vitamin
-I will NOT smoke a cigarette (I quit 10 days ago)
-Each night I will cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
-Each night I will moisturize with Cerave Moisturizing Cream
-The only other product that will touch my face is shaving cream as needed (Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College)
-NO Eggs

bumpyface

by bumpyface on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:32 pm

I had my food allergy test performed yesterday. I'm a little disappointed that it all came up negative. I really hoped that the allergy test may uncover something that could explain my eczema.

I was tested for 20 different foods. Included were all the most common food allergies: Cow Milk (Casein), Cow Milk (Whole), Egg Yolk, Egg White, Soybean, and Wheat, as well other items that I eat regularly and checked off of a list.

I had a small hive appear for every single item (except the control where there was only a little redness), but according to the doctor these hives were too small to indicate anything. On a scale of 1-4, he ranked all as 1 except Broccoli and Rice which received a 2. Only 3 and 4's are considered "significant".

So, back to the drawing board. Actually, I think I'll take a break from this. I've spent a lot of time on it, and made several doctor's visits, with no resolution. I guess I'll just have to live with it. I don't know why my eczema seemed to appear so suddenly, and has been so persistent for 10 months now. I do know I am highly allergic to multiple environmental allergens (pets, dusts, pollens, molds) that I have very little control over. It could simply be that my skin has changed and is more vulnerable to these allergens now. I have been unsuccessful in identifying or controlling the cause of my eczema, so at this point the best thing I can do is treat the symptoms using the best known methods.

My routine now is:

-I will take WARM showers, never HOT
-I will only use body wash below the neck
-I will use shampoo as needed
-I will apply fluticasone (steroid) cream each morning
-I will apply Cerave Moisturizing cream each morning
-I will continue to wash all of my laundry with the ALL Free and Clear detergent and will not use dryer sheets
-I will take a multi-vitamin and cod liver oil every morning
-I will NOT smoke a cigarette (I quit 17 days ago)
-Each night I will cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
-I will apply fluticasone (steriod) cream each morning
-I will apply Cerave Moisturizing Cream each night
-The only other product that will touch my face is shaving cream as needed (Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College)

To be continued at a later date...

lisavo16

by lisavo16 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Try to ask your doctor to prescribe you some Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. It relieves the redness, dry skin, and the itchiness. I've had eczema for years now and this cream has been the only medication that has helped control the symptoms! I'll usually get it on my face or my arms, but now it has cleared up. My doctor used to prescribe me Desonide as well but it didn't help at all. Hope this helps.

abiprice27

by abiprice27 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading throught the posts on here and have a few questions. Is the vaseline that you recommend pure vaseline or is there some sort of different product (sorry not sure whether you are in the UK or USA) Also is the following only prescribed in the US? Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. I have googled it and it doesnt seem to come up much on UK sites.

Bumpyface... I feel your pain. For the last 6 months my eczema has flared up, mine also improves when i have a break from work or go on holiday. I have started taking vit d and C suplpements. I also notice an improvement when in the sun, I have started using sun beds as there is not an ounce of sun here, its too early to tell whether they are benefiting me hugely as I have only been on once, but my skin definately felt calmer that evening.

My skin feels dry, angry and itchy 24/7. no matter how much moisture i give it. It is driving me mad. It also feels clammy at the same time, not sure whether this is due to the moisturiser but surely if so it wouldnt be dry?

I am really at a loss here. have approached a homeopathic doctor this week. does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

bumpyface

by bumpyface on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 am

Hi everyone, I just got an email notice from this forum letting me know it was my "anniversary", having joined one year ago. I'd completely forgotten about my posts here, but I'm back for a quick update.

My eczema is under control. Has been for several months now, and I really haven't thought about it. I didn't change anything drastic, and I'm not taking any medications. In my mind, the most important things I'm doing differently are these:

-I don't wash my face any more. I rinse it with water only in the shower, and i'm careful not to use hot water (which I think dries it out more). It seems like even the most gentle soaps still dry out my face, so I stopped using them.
-In the evenings before bed I rinse my face with water, pat dry with a towel, and apply moisturizer. Currently I'm using Anthony Logistics for Men, but I think any moisturizer is better than none.

That's it!

And just to follow up on my last post, I'm commenting here on which of these things I've been doing and which I haven't:

-I will take WARM showers, never HOT (still doing this)
-I will only use body wash below the neck (still doing this)
-I will use shampoo as needed (still doing this, although I shampoo just about every day)
-I will apply fluticasone (steroid) cream each morning (NOT using this)
-I will apply Cerave Moisturizing cream each morning (NOT using this)
-I will continue to wash all of my laundry with the ALL Free and Clear detergent and will not use dryer sheets (NOT using this)
-I will take a multi-vitamin and cod liver oil every morning (still doing this)
-I will NOT smoke a cigarette (started smoking again several months ago after quitting for about 3. I do think my skin is better when I'm not smoking, but not a huge factor o the eczema in my case)
-Each night I will cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser (NOT using this)
-I will apply fluticasone (steriod) cream each morning (NOT using this)
-I will apply Cerave Moisturizing Cream each night (I'm using a different moisturizer called Anthony Logistics)
-The only other product that will touch my face is shaving cream as needed (Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College) (still doing this)

I hope this helps someone. I imagine most people have cases that are much more difficult than mine, but what has worked for me is avoiding anything that dries out my face, and applying a little moisturizer each night. Good luck!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks for your share! I like how you keep track of what you do in hope it can help someone else, cheers,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

frederickwilfred

by frederickwilfred on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 am

Congratulations for your cureness. My elder sister had eczema in her legs and now she is out of all types of dangers from eczema.I want to give thanks to God both both of you.

Kellyxwq

by Kellyxwq on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:36 am

My daughter has serious eczema for about a year and now she has great improvement by natural treatment and almost healed. She was extremely itchy on her hands and feet when she has the eczema and we finally found a natural cream to help her stop the itchiness. Here is the detailed story about how we make our daughter healed from eczema and back to a happy life:

My 2 1/2 year old daughter developed a severe case of eczema 2 years ago.

She cried continuously every night from the incessant itching and we had to hold her to help relieve her pain and prevent her from scratching the open wounds. As the affliction progressed it became an extremely painful experience for the entire family. We stayed up with her for hours every night, occasionally right through the night.

During the worst period of about four months we did not sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.

Her pain distressed us greatly, in fact my clearest memory of these difficult times was how my heart ached to see my little girl suffering so much.

We brought our daughter to the hospital countless times. The doctors did their best, trying combinations of many different cortisones and steroids to try to heal her but nothing helped for more than 2 or 3 days.

Her condition worsened, even though we used potent steroids. At times the blisters on the soles of her feet and her palms grew so large they prevented her from walking and she could not use her hands to eat or do anything.

I continuously searched the internet for information on eczema and the different treatments people claimed would help. We tried many different brands of moisturizing lotions and coconut oil to try to help her, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

We created a website to help people who has the same problem as my daught and have shared our daughter's healing story on the website, please see the whole story from the following website

http://naturalskinco.com/natural-eczema ... pai-cream/

Also the following is the detail about her case and you will find a lot of pictures we took when she has the eczema and pictures after she is healed:

http://naturalskinco.com/skin-condition ... treatment/

The JIAN PAI cream she used is made by natural herbal, and steroid free, no cortisone. We have sent the cream to a analysis institution for the cortisone test and the result is it doesn't contain any cortisone, and it is also approved by Health Canada and obtained a natural product number; so we feel very comfortable using this cream on our young daughter. It works very well in stopping the itchiness, usually in 15-20 minutes. For her face and body, usually 1-3 days after we applied the JIAN PAI cream on her, the flare-up is cleared. And after we keep using for around 2-3 months, the eczema on her face and body has completely healed.

We are so happy that we finally find a proper treatment for her and help her relief from all those terrible suffering!

Skin Deep Behind the Mask

by Skin Deep Behind the Mask on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm

I am writing to ask if you will help us spread our video. SKIN DEEP Behind the Mask is a UK charity [RCN: 1153203] that helps skin disease patients and their carers. We provide practical help to patients no matter what skin disease they have.

We have produced a video to solicit donations. I would greatly appreciate your help. Below is the tweet I would be grateful for you to send.

Watch. Share. Donate https://youtu.be/wNyAK3zkZ54 Support skin disease sufferers #SkinAwareness #ThankYou

Thank you!
Skin Deep Behind the Mask

30 posts