i'm starting to get depressed with my eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
kaeriuki

by kaeriuki on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:17 pm

i'm starting to get depressed with my eczema

So I've had eczema for three years now. i think it started with the mask i used from body shop. omg. i threw it away after. but it has never left my face. i don't know what to do. my face used to be clear from pimples though it gets dry sometimes and i thought a bloody mask would moisturise it. so now i'm dealing with this. i am getting depressed over it and i don't really know what to do. im pretty sure i eat sweets and carbs and dairy a lot and i exercise a lot as well, im an athlete and i noticed how my face starts to itch when i'm sweating but i can't help it. despite a lil bit of itchiness while exercising, it never has been really red unlike now. i've put cucumber before and after a week it became clear then i stopped using cucumber just cos i ran out of it and then it backfired at me. my eczema is now getting worse and im getting anxious and depressed at the same time. i cant even go out after my classmate noticed how red my face was last friday.

can anyone recommend good eczema moisturisers please? i don't want to do corticosteroids (i have phobia with steroids). i'm sure a good moisturiser would soothe this. i have history of depression and i'm afraid i'm going to get suicidal again just because of this. -_____-

don't mind the white stuff. it's the cucumber.
Attachments
2014-06-02 23.16.32.jpg
2014-06-02 23.16.32.jpg (232 KiB) Viewed 4623 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:32 am

Re: i'm starting to get depressed with my eczema

Sorry to hear of the redness. Can choose a moisturizer without key irritants like:
Perfume/ Fragrance
Preservatives
Parabens
Propylene Glycol
Lanolin – Lanolin alcohol, Wool Alcohol
Colorant/Dye
Conventional emulsifiers
Mineral oils
Paraffin
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate

Hope you can find a moisturizer suited for you - avoid sun if eczema is flaring.

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

de.linford

by de.linford on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:54 am

have you try aloe vera straight from the plant leaves? its very soothing and works wonders.

justinhaddin

by justinhaddin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:22 pm

The easiest and affordable way to fix it is the use of ALOE VERA. There is a way to prepare it and if applied, it will cure it within few days.

Skin Deep Behind the Mask

by Skin Deep Behind the Mask on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm

I am writing to ask if you will help us spread our video. SKIN DEEP Behind the Mask is a UK charity [RCN: 1153203] that helps skin disease patients and their carers. We provide practical help to patients no matter what skin disease they have.

We have produced a video to solicit donations. I would greatly appreciate your help. Below is the tweet I would be grateful for you to send.

Watch. Share. Donate https://youtu.be/wNyAK3zkZ54 Support skin disease sufferers #SkinAwareness #ThankYou

Thank you!
Skin Deep Behind the Mask

5 posts