22 years - Cured by changing location?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Winterset2

by Winterset2 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:49 pm

22 years - Cured by changing location?

Hello,

I have been dealing with eczema my whole life. I used to live in NY and eventually after failed treatments with the typical creams from the dermatologist I got homeopathic assistance. He actually aggravated my symptoms which i know wasnt the goal but it means he figured something out. I know one of the remedies had to do with progesterone.

Long story short when I moved to California my eczema disappeared.... whenever I travel back to the east coast it starts to come back.

I need to move back to the east coast for a job but I am worried about my eczema, has anyone ever heard of an issue such as this? My eczema is usually aggravated by heat and sweating (at least that's when it is itchy)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 am

Re: 22 years - Cured by changing location?

Hi there! It's often heard of that switching location helps! My own guess is some triggers/stress. Pollen, pet dander, any help allergy testing can offer?
Take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

SamanthaK

by SamanthaK on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: 22 years - Cured by changing location?

I have been suspecting the same thing. I just spent the last 10 months in Uganda working with kids there and I never had a single problem with my eczema there. But in April we came back to the US and I have started having severe issues again. I can't figure out why that is the case other than just environmental reasons.

3 posts