no treatment left to try

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

28 posts
Nianniii

by Nianniii on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Re: no treatment left to try

I'm sorry to for your situation. I know how you feel and how bad you want your skin to be normal again. I will suggest meditation as it works for me and most people. It's time to find inner peace and get back to yourself. Good luck!♥

CarolynE

by CarolynE on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:17 am

I a m soooo sorry that it has been such a long struggle with eczema. No wonder you sometimes ask if there is any hope of ever being better. Such incredible courage you have...even if you don't feel it when the rash gets to you. All of us who read your post feel your courage, as well as your pain and frustration. I hope you have gotten some relief and peace since September.
I have been dealing with it for just 4 years, and am often discouraged and in tears from the itching frenzies, and changes in my self image.

However, my reading on the web has taught me 2 things:
1) there really has been very little research into eczematous conditions until very recently. Therefore,it is often difficult to know what "expert" to turn to...a
dermatologist....an immunologist...a rheumatologist?? The medical profession is almost as frustrated as we are (minus the itching frenzies, depression, etc.) #2) They are on the edge of finding whole new connections and treatments that are not quite ready yet. But is there hope for at least much better (and easier) treatment as well as understanding what the causes are. I have been following a brand new medicine called Dupilamab (sp) that is giving so many people relief that they asked for a quick process to go into Stage III trials. All of this to say help is on the way. That thought helps at the end of an itching frenzy when I am in tears and exhausted! Hope this long, long too long response adds to your comfort and hope.

Tuk87871478787

by Tuk87871478787 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Hello I have had Eczema all my life and tried everything under the sun. Below is how I am managing to keep on top of things 

1. Eating lots of wholegrains, fruit, vegetables, pulses, nuts & seeds, lean protein
2. Cut down on dairy & sugar
3. Use pure chimps super combo
4. Take a daily probiotic tablet, use honey too sweeten things (both boost your immune system)
5. Take a multivitamin every day

Hope this can help people like it did me. Took me a while to figure it out (it all starts from within).

Plantaganet283

by Plantaganet283 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:20 am

Have you tried something as simple as getting sun and air to your body? .

I normally go around the house and garden completely in the nude. However during the winter of 2004/05 for the first time in ten years, I wore clothes at home virtually continuously and it was not long before I developed quite severe seborrheoic eczema with the worst areas being my lower legs and elbows, although I did have small areas on my upper thighs, chest and waist. In the past I had noticed that if I wore clothes for more than a couple of days I developed spots on my legs, which would disappear once I went around nude again. Sometimes, I noticed a strange odour, which I thought emanated from our cat; although I associated it with an un-neutered tom rather than a she-cat. I understand that yeast, which is believed to be one cause of eczema, gives off a strange smell when fermenting. On this occasion I developed spots around my ankles, which my doctor and I both initially thought were cat flee bites, but leaving them untreated they progressed to full blown eczema: I have since discovered that acne type spots can be a symptom of eczema. I had been prescribed various steroid creams, but all they did was exacerbate the condition. I believe that clothes encourage yeast spores to multiply and when the skin become sensitive the clothing acts like an abrasive. After strictly
following a nude regime and just applying moisturisers such Dermol lotion, my eczema has virtually cleared up. My dermatologist said that often the genitals are affected and I had noticed that occasionally I would get a red spot or two and redness under my foreskin, which would quickly disappear if I applied some moisturiser and went around nude. It is essential to be completely nude as any clothing especially waist-bands touching the body can initiate another patch and it seems to be an “all-over” regime: furthermore even the minimum of clothing causes the body’s thermostat confusion and you can feel chilly. In my case sun and air seems to be the best solution. Even a few days continually wearing clothes can have a detrimental effect and I find that I have to compensate by afterwards having at least an equal number of days nude. In the last couple of years, I have had yeast infections under my arms and or groin, if I have had to spend prolonged periods dressed.

eugiebear

by eugiebear on Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 pm

After ten, long, torturous years: painful, cracked, bleeding heels and feet; my wife, fed up with the grease from steroid creams etc and blood all over the sheets and towels made me take this old cure from a recipe that she had found in an old book of naturalistic remedies.

I was sceptical at first but after three days of treatment my heels stopped bleeding. The before pic is one taken after two weeks of treatment. Wished we'd taken more photos at the start-my cracked heels were impressive.
It took a few months but slowly all my eczema started to come off. And stayed off.
Unbelievable.
Recently after some work stress I could feel my feet starting to get worse, but a few days of remedy soon cured it.
This summer will be the first that I have worn my sandals outside the house. No more hiding for me!
Unfortunately I cannot upload pictures here.

Eugene
Attachments
after.JPG
after.JPG (211.52 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
before.JPG
before.JPG (134.5 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

Kellyxwq

by Kellyxwq on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 am

My daughter started the serious eczema when she was 2 years old. There are so many doctors have already told us we have to wait until she is 18 years old, then she might be better, and it cannot be healed. We tried so many treatments and almost desperate too. WE DON'T WANT OUR LOVELY LITTLE GIRL SUFFERS ALL THESE PAIN FOR SO MANY YEARS UNTIL 18!

After many tries, we finally find a way to make her healed! She was extremely itchy on her hands and feet when she has the eczema and we finally found a natural cream to help her stop the itchiness and help her heal from it, we also follow some natural ways to help her improve her immune system at the same time. Here is the detailed story about how we make our daughter healed from eczema and back to a happy life:

My 2 1/2 year old daughter developed a severe case of eczema 2 years ago.

She cried continuously every night from the incessant itching and we had to hold her to help relieve her pain and prevent her from scratching the open wounds. As the affliction progressed it became an extremely painful experience for the entire family. We stayed up with her for hours every night, occasionally right through the night.

During the worst period of about four months we did not sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.

Her pain distressed us greatly, in fact my clearest memory of these difficult times was how my heart ached to see my little girl suffering so much.

We brought our daughter to the hospital countless times. The doctors did their best, trying combinations of many different cortisones and steroids to try to heal her but nothing helped for more than 2 or 3 days.

Her condition worsened, even though we used potent steroids. At times the blisters on the soles of her feet and her palms grew so large they prevented her from walking and she could not use her hands to eat or do anything.

I continuously searched the internet for information on eczema and the different treatments people claimed would help. We tried many different brands of moisturizing lotions and coconut oil to try to help her, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

We created a website to help people who has the same problem as my daught and have shared our daughter's healing story on the website, please see the whole story from the following website

http://naturalskinco.com/natural-eczema ... pai-cream/

Also the following is the detail about her case and you will find a lot of pictures we took when she has the eczema and pictures after she is healed:

http://naturalskinco.com/skin-condition ... treatment/

The JIAN PAI cream she used is made by natural herbal, and steroid free, no cortisone. We have sent the cream to a analysis institution for the cortisone test and the result is it doesn't contain any cortisone, and it is also approved by Health Canada and obtained a natural product number; so we feel very comfortable using this cream on our young daughter. It works very well in stopping the itchiness, usually in 15-20 minutes. For her face and body, usually 1-3 days after we applied the JIAN PAI cream on her, the flare-up is cleared. And after we keep using for around 2-3 months, the eczema on her face and body has completely healed.

We are so happy that we finally find a proper treatment for her and help her relief from all those terrible suffering!
Attachments
Her feet when she used the JIAN PAI cream for 6 days
Her feet when she used the JIAN PAI cream for 6 days
Case 2-21.jpg (81.34 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
Her feet when she has eczema
Her feet when she has eczema
Case 2-8.jpg (78.87 KiB) Viewed 3804 times

sallyjsmart@hotmail.com

by sallyjsmart@hotmail.com on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 pm

hi has anyone tried Aloe Vera in the drink form just a shot a day not pleasant but worth the results that and Aloe and propolis cream mixed for the exterior. Dr Atherton has done loads of research on the results Aloe has taking orally as well as externally on the skin. And all naturally products to so added bonus. if your interested let me know x Sally

SamanthaK

by SamanthaK on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 pm

I am desperate also. I've tried everything over the counter and tons of prescriptions. It just doesn't make sense to me why it won't go away. Super frustrated and willing to try anything.

jose.e.magana

by jose.e.magana on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 am

My best friend whom I served in the Marines with has been taking Kayani and it's made a huge difference in his life to the point that it's almost completely gone. My mother takes the same supplement for her diabetes and I see literally a miracle in her and that's why I'm sharing.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed, commercial promotion not allowed per our terms and conditions.

amyupton

by amyupton on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi i am 23 years old and i have been suffering eczema since 2 years old i have used all sorts of creams like cetraben, ointment creams ,diprobase & many more i just don't no how to get rid of it i feel so depressed about it all the time i hate wearing short sleeves tops because my arms look horrible i just need someone that knows what there talking about and give me some think that will take it away. I cant use any type of washing power to wash my clothes i have to use the asda own or Tesco own washing power. The stuff i use for my skin in the shower is the simple stuff but even that makes me itchy. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and hope to hear from you soon

Amy x

28 posts