Contraceptive pill

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Hello256

by Hello256 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Contraceptive pill

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows about any research surrounding Microgynon 30 and eczema.
I have had eczema since forever, it was bad when I was young but as I got older it became much easier to control.

I starting taking Microgynon several years ago and a few months after that my eczema got much worse. I was literally covered from head to toe at one point. The past couple of years I have been seeing an amazing dermatologist who has been really helpful and I am doing better but I have a couple of areas that are stubborn and flare up fairly often.

I'm just wondering whether Microgynon could have had an effect on my skin.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:08 am

Re: Contraceptive pill

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the flare-up, hugs. No experience with this and couldn't find any article on Pubmed. However, there's a similar thread in this forum on contraceptive and eczema
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=312

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

anyaaaaa

by anyaaaaa on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Re: Contraceptive pill

My eczema started when I was around 16 the same time I started my period but also the same time as I started taking mycrogynon 30 too, I stopped using it about 6 months later and now I have the implant but my eczema is still the same as always, all over and unbareable
So I would say I don't think its that pill In particular but I know you can have allergies to oestrogen/progesterone in the pill so maybe worth trying condoms or a coil or something for a little while see if that helps

Sorry i can't be of more help I really hope you find some relief

3 posts