Sudden outbreak of eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
wind_blast942

by wind_blast942 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Sudden outbreak of eczema

Hi,

I am currently applying protopic for my eczema on my eye lid, and Dermanol-c (Betamethasone 0.05% & Clioquinol 3.0%) for my eczema on my testicle region.

I have been using the protopic for a few weeks, before using dermanol-c. Within a few days of application, I noticed that large areas of my face started to itch, alongside with the interior of my rectum area.

Could the dermanol-c cream that I applied be the cause of it, or is it coincidental? Previously I had applied Betamethasone cream before (in a lower concentration), without such symptoms appearing.

Thanks!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:16 am

Re: Sudden outbreak of eczema

Hi!

Sorry to hear of the prob. Likely not coincidence since it's the same area.. Did you apply Protopic, stop, then try dermanol-c? I understand Protopic is used as an alternative to steroid, not to be used together - I couldn't find out what would happen if you do.. one suppresses the immune system (Protopic, so the risk is more easy to get infection at the area though seems like not a major risk cos not much talk on that) while dermanol-c suppresses the proteins in skin and reduces inflammation.

There is increasing awareness of contact allergy to Glucocorticoid - the ingredient in steroid cream. It would be clearer if you have a patch test taken, that way it's possible to identify the ingredient that you're sensitive to and obtain moisturizer and prescription cream without those.

Talk to your doctor soon, take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

justinhaddin

by justinhaddin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: Sudden outbreak of eczema

My wife has same problem as yours. Last 4 months she suffering from hand eczema. She tried many different products but nothing seemed to really work.

3 posts