I cannot do this anymore

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
anyaaaaa

by anyaaaaa on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:48 pm

I cannot do this anymore

Hi I am really clutching onto my final straw. I am hoping typing up a bit of my story could at least help me mentally if nothing else. This could be an essay I am sorry in advance...

My eczema really started when I was 16 I had it a little as a child but nothing major. But when I hit 16 I started my period and maybe exam stress hormones? Something changed in me and since then it's got gradually worse. I am 21 now and I have spent the last 5 years clutching tiny mile stones thinking I'll have grown out of it by then or I'll try this new cream and optimistically thinking something would cure me but as the doctors keep telling me "it's about learning to live and manage it, there is no cure"

Well honestly I don't think I could manage it any better I moisturise more than 3 times a day, I use hydromol the grasiest and best moisturiser I can find I have a good bath routine I am regular with my steroids. What else am I supposed to do?

Iv tried antihistamines they don't help My eczema is all over my body head to toe... Scalp, face neck arms legs torso except the soles of my feet and hands.
Notings changed over the last 5 years despite my efforts of countless creams, diets, changing shampoos deodrent nail varnish s etc. well right now I don't use anything scented I use oilatum shampoo and hydromol to wash and moisturise. I've bought a new mattress and bed because of the possibility of dust mites. But to no avail
Most recently in January I was infected with eczema hepiticum (the cold sore virus) all over my face and neck a weepy mess thick crusty I was so worried about the scarring, I had it for over two weeks before the doctors got the right diagnosis and gave me the anti vitals but forgot to give me antibiotics along side it so then I got a he'd to toe bacterial infection. But it keeps coming back. After two weeks of the anti vitals I come off and a few weeks later it's back with avengeance. It's March now and Im on my fith prescription of anti vitals.
I cannot begin to explain what this is doing to my self esteem I feel so disgusting constantly dry red flaky skin all owner my body even my face and I'm always scratching I can see people pulling disgusted faces all the time I am really struggling this is not a life. It's affecting my work, I walk around with my head down and as soon as I'm home I just break down into tears the only thing keeping me hear if my family. I know hurting myself would hurt them more and I'm not that selfish.
I am not a bad person. What have I done to deserve this.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:34 am

Re: I cannot do this anymore

Hugs, and so sorry to hear about the eczema herpeticum. You have done nothing to deserve it and it is frustrating when you seem to be doing everything right but can't find a solution. Wondering if doctor recommend any chlorhexidine-based wash? We do it a few times per week for our daughter with eczema. Allergy testing? Maybe switch doctor as well - the doc should be investigative about finding out the triggers instead of asking you to live with the flare-up, that's not acceptable... We know eczema has no cure but it definitely should be controlled.

Take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

anyaaaaa

by anyaaaaa on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:40 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for your support. It means a lot when you slip into a dark place which I have always struggled with a lot, dramatic mood swings I can go from happy to depressed 2-3 times in the same day. Lately I've been experimenting with my diet and this has helped a lot. I read about a woman that had cured her child's eczema with a low carb vegan diet which I have been doing for the last week or so and touch wood my skin is really improving at the moment! I've eaten as much as I want I just cut out all the high sugar foods and crap I was eating and eat as much raw fruit and veg as I can... No meat or dairy either it's hard but it seems to be working... The only science I can find about it is a condition called leaky gut where eating a poor diet and antibiotics etc damage the gut and toxins get into your blood causing eczema I'm just wondering if anyone has tried doing that juice plus diet and if it helps? I don't want to loose weight but I know they sell capsules that give you a lot of the nutrients? Thanks!!!

I am all round reeling happier and more positive and less tied form the diet even if it isn't long term going to help my skin it's given me a boost :)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:47 am

Glad it's better for you! It might be sensitivity to certain foods - if it's not allergy, it's quite hard to detect. If eliminating from your diet works, I'm so happy for you!

Have a good week and keep us posted!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

johnandrews

by johnandrews on Tue May 05, 2015 11:30 pm

anyaaa,
Hows the diet going? It works for me - to a certain extent.
I'm 47 now and have been on a restricted diet since about 18. One thing I have learnt over this time is that everybody is different - you have to find what's good for you. Dairy products seem to be on most lists but I have big probs with wholegrain cereals, yeasts, quite a few fresh and dried fruits, nuts.
Safe bets for me are meats, fish, eggs; for carbs, pulses cooked potato and root veg. I can get away with white bread and white rice so that makes it a bit easier. I've never had a problem with sugar although a lot of people mention it. I kept a food diary for a long time to help pinpoint the problems.
I am allergic to a lot of other things: pet dander, house mite , hayfever, the usual stuff, but you can keep away from these easily , food is the tricky one.
I am quite well now but I have decided to try the hookworm therapy to see if they will dampen down my immune system enough for me to eat more normally. If you are an atopic like me, it might be something to consider, and it can be done quite cheaply nowadays.
Persevere with the diet, it took me ages to get it right, and its not easy.
All the best : John

eugiebear

by eugiebear on Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

After ten, long, torturous years: painful, cracked, bleeding heels and feet; my wife, fed up with the grease from steroid creams etc and blood all over the sheets and towels made me take this old cure from a recipe that she had found in an old book of naturalistic remedies.

I was sceptical at first but after three days of treatment my heels stopped bleeding. The before pic is one taken after two weeks of treatment. Wished we'd taken more photos at the start-my cracked heels were impressive.
It took a few months but slowly all my eczema started to come off. And stayed off.
Unbelievable.
Recently after some work stress I could feel my feet starting to get worse, but a few days of remedy soon cured it.
This summer will be the first that I have worn my sandals outside the house. No more hiding for me!

Eugene
Attachments
after.JPG
after.JPG (211.52 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
before.JPG
before.JPG (134.5 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

EczemaGreg

by EczemaGreg on Mon May 11, 2015 5:37 am

Hi
I too went through the same thing with the depression, it was hard as you well know. Thanks to the support of my family. I got through it.

I suggest drinking a lot of water with a slice of lemon, sounds too simple but is extremely beneficial for you.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL, please check forum rules

7 posts