It comes and goes...and is so frustrating!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
SavingGranny

by SavingGranny on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm

It comes and goes...and is so frustrating!

I have had eczema since I was 5 (I am now 52) and in the beginning it was in the crooks of my elbows and behind my knees. After shots of steroids, medications, etc. it calmed down. Years later, it showed up on my hands and would itch and ooze. Many doctors and medications later it calmed down again. Now it is on my face (both eyes, side of mouth and nose) and one patch on my forearm. I have seen my dermatologist who prescribed Elidel (yet again) and it doesn't seem to work. I have gone back, and she says to keep at it. Well, I am tired of this! I am under a lot of stress due to the fact that my Daddy died last year and my Mom cannot be left alone, so my husband and I have basically moved in with her and we have caretakers during the day. There is nothing I can really do to reduce the stress of taking care of Mom. I really don't want to be on any medications for stress, and I don't drink.

I was tested for allergies years ago but it was environmental allergies and I am not allergic to anything. I do see flareups when I eat too much chocolate (doesn't that stink?). I used Halog ointment on my hands and it was a miracle drug in that it took care of it, but the doctor that prescribed it left the practice and I cannot get another doctor to give me another script.

Has anyone else seen a correlation between food and flares?

Thanks!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:08 am

Re: It comes and goes...and is so frustrating!

Hey, sorry to hear about not eating chocs! Maybe consider taking an allergy test or monitoring on your own if cutting certain foods help? Much of this may be difficult to test, esp when it comes to food intolerance that are not the typical lactose etc. Maybe for a start reduce unhealthy foods like sugar, trans fat, reduce some meat, more vege and fruits.. after all, these diet choices are good for general health with the likely benefit of reducing weight :)
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts