Eczema Getting the Best of Me

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Dokichan

by Dokichan on Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Eczema Getting the Best of Me

Like all other eczema sufferers, I too get very emotionally depressed because I have it all over my body. I am currently 21 right now and this summer I will doing my Disney College Internship down at Orlando, Florida.

What really ticked me off today was how everyone is excited to party, go to the beach and wear their bikini's. Unfortunately I cannot because of all the scarring and black spots left on my skin. Some of the scars are still present on my skin ever since I was very very small.

I seriously find it unfair how everyone can dress all comfortable or to the point of barely wearing anything in the summer. Everyone has such clear skin! While I am here moping and groaning and crying on my insides about being unable to wear any of that!

I have tried plenty of times to just confidently walk down the public wearing shorts and even bikini's! Do you know how many stares I've gotten? I've even had kids run away from me thinking I had an atrocious disease. Some adults even hesitated to go near me as well!

I even go to therapy and told my therapist about my situation with eczema. Her advice was pretty cliche and it really didn't help me much.

What can I do!?! How can I get rid of these ugly dark spots all over my body?!? I wish somebody will help me out there!!!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri May 23, 2014 6:43 am

Re: Eczema Getting the Best of Me

Hugs! So sorry to hear of what you're going though. From what I know, unfortunately, the scars and pigmentation from eczema are very difficult to get rid of..I'm not sure if laser treatment will improve it but my guess is because the scarring goes deeper than the superficial layers, it's difficult to.
I'm not sure how your skin tans (though sunlight is bad for skin beyond 10 mins or so), maybe a tan may help? But sun is bad if your eczema is active and also leads to skin cancer, sun burn.. I'm not really sure how to help, hugs.
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts