Dr Rashmi Kaushal
Consultant Physician, Specialist in Diabetes and Endocrinology - FRCP
Dr Rashmi Kaushal is a Consultant Physician with over 20 years of experience in providing Specialist care, advice and treatment in all aspects of Diabetes and Hormone related disorders.
Management of all aspects of Type I, Type II and gestational diabetes:
- Diagnosis, management, education and review of patients with Type I, Type II diabetes & insulin resistance
- Screening for all complications of diabetes & management of obesity, neuropathy, nephropathy & erectile dysfunction
- Initiation and on-going support for insulin pump devices and use of freestyle libre
- Pre- & post-pregnancy counselling as well as diabetes management during pregnancy
- Risk assessment for cardiovascular disease and stroke prevention
Hormone related conditions:
- Menstrual disorders, Polycystic Ovaries, Infertility & Menopause
- Erectile dysfunction & sexual disorders
- All Thyroid conditions
- All Adrenal disorders
- Pituitary tumours (diagnosis, treatment & pre-/post-surgical management)
- Osteoporosis, Vitamin D deficiency, Hyperparathyroidism
My approach to professional excellence is simple. I treat people as I would like members of my own family to be treated. I do the very best I can for every patient referred to me. I believe in "getting it right first time". This means more than getting the diagnosis right. It means finding out what the patient hopes for and expects from their treatment.
My policy is one of complete openness and honesty. I give copies of my GP letters to patients and parents as a matter of course. I don't hesitate to discuss difficult problems with colleagues, and refer on when necessary.