Articles about irritable bowel syndrome.
ENTEROSGEL for all symptoms of IBS with Diarrhoea
It is estimated that up to one in five people in the UK will develop Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) at some stage in their life. IBS can affect sufferers in various ways,...Learn more
Diarrhoea & irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
For many people living with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhoea is an unwanted side effect. If diarrhoea is the most dominant symptom in your IBS then there are a ...Learn more
Is it time to take the ‘low’ out of FODMAPs?
The low FODMAP diet is an evidenced based dietary treatment for the symptom management of functional gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.Learn more
Constipation associated with irritable bowel syndrome
Constipation can be an uncomfortable symptom of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but there are treatments available that can help.Learn more
What does your poo say about your health?
Poo isn’t something we talk about openly and for many it is a bit of a taboo subject. Did you know the average person generates about five TONS of poo in his or her lif...Learn more
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) & Diet
Diet plays a key role in the treatment and management of IBS. However, there is no simple solution. A diet that suits one person affected by IBS may not necessarily suit ...Learn more
Hay Fever Medication May Reduce IBS Symptoms
A new study has identified the cause of abdominal pain in patients with IBS. As a result of that insight, the researchers were able to make another breakthrough: that tak...Learn more
IBS and Probiotics (friendly bacteria)
Probiotics are organisms that live in the digestive tract and are often referred to as "friendly or good bacteria". In large numbers, probiotics are believed to...Learn more
Of all the illnesses that affect the gut, the Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common. It is a major source of mental and physical ill health that affect...Learn more
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Stress & Anxiety
Some people living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) say that stress and anxiety has caused their symptoms. Stress doesn't actually cause IBS, but symptoms often start ...Learn more
New kings college research reveals that unique "live" liquid bacteria could eliminate ...
Newly published research suggests that a unique liquid made with live and activated bacteria could provide a “breakthrough” for the millions of Britons whose lives ar...Learn more
Group hypnotherapy provides long-term benefits to patients with IBS
Gut-directed hypnotherapy in individual sessions has been shown in many studies to be an effective treatment for IBS.Learn more
- Novel IBS treatment is explored through social media by Sheffield University
- Critical new report uncovers the true burden of constipation in the over 65s across Europe by Norgine
- A dietary survey of patients with irritable bowel syndrome by National Centre for Biotechnology Information
- Get the good gut feeling - acupuncture & IBS by British Acupuncture Council
- IFFGD looks at irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and progress to improve treatment for returning military by International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Nobody talks about irritable bowel syndrome by Dr Chris Steele
- Large proportion of IBS patients are vitamin D deficient by University of Sheffield