“Daring to set boundaries is about the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” – Brene Brown
I am learning to love and accept who I am right now. It is a practice I have been developing for a long time and only recently through support, that I have allowed myself to face my deeper fears and do what is best for me and not other people. In short, I am slowly learning to quieten my inner critic and self sacrificing behaviour. I am allowing myself to tune into my emotional wellbeing to develop what my soul needs, in order to feel happier and free to be me.
Tips for practicing self compassion and setting boundaries:
- Give yourself permission to say ‘No’. It’s ok to put your needs first.
- Tune into your emotional state. Recognising how we feel in any given moment, and knowing what we need to do to keep ourselves healthy and happy. Knowing when we’re running on empty and when to step back to recharge.
- Practice loving kindness meditation. Focus on your inner wellbeing and outer wellbeing of someone who loves you, as a practice of developing loving kindness towards yourself and others.
- Watch out for self sacrifice. Know when you’re agreeing to do things that give away your power and sacrifice your inner peace. Putting the needs of others first will only exhaust your energy. You won’t be available to help others out for long. It’s often said that in an aeroplane emergency, we put on our own masks first so we can help others.
- Get support. We’re all here to help each other out. No man is an island and we can all learn something from each other. Give yourself the tools you need to develop well deserved boundaries. On some level, this is a part of the life journey we are all on.
#nutritiontherapy #healingfoods #functionalfoods #superfoods #digestivehealth
#hearthealth #painfreeliving #natropathy #diet #reducesymptoms #diseaseprevention #health #natural #food #wellbeing #selfhelp #womenshealth #antiinflammatory #guthealth #mindfulness #naturallife #Healthybalance #selfcompassion #boundariesarebeautiful