British Heart Foundation
The British Heart Foundation is the nation's heart charity and were founded in 1961 by a group of medical professionals wanting to fund extra research into the causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart and circulatory disease.
Our vision is a world where people don't die prematurely from heart disease and we are dedicated to keeping vulnerable hearts beating through our pioneering research, support and care for patients and their families, and vital information, which helps people understand and care for their own heart health.
Within a generation, we aim to:
- reduce cardiovascular disease in the UK to one of the lowest levels in Europe.
Within a decade, we aim to:
- halve the number of people under 75 who die from cardiovascular disease
- make sure at least two thirds of people under 75 survive a heart attack
- reduce heart-related deaths in all UK local authority areas to the current level in South East England or below
- reverse the increase in childhood obesity.