Teyhou is a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (IMF #95707) and Registered Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (PCCI #13833) focusing on Emotion Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.Originally from the United Kingdom, Teyhou earned her B.A in Psychology from the University of Southern California and completed a M.A. in Sociology at Goldsmiths College, University of London. Teyhou went on to complete a second Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy at the California School of Professional Psychology.Teyhou has experience helping clients with a variety of challenges.She has counseled clients on issues related to self-confidence, anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD, addiction, relationship issues and life transitions. Teyhou places high value on personal development and wellness allowing for the achievement of one’s full potential, which ultimately leads to living a fulfilled life.
Working from a supportive, emotion-focused model, Teyhou:
- Helps clients and loved ones find wellness through empathetic, therapeutic encounters.
- Creates an environment of unconditional positive regard to build self-confidence and acceptance.
- Uses cognitive behavioral therapy to support clients through challenging life transitions
- Uses biofeedback to reduce stress, self regulate emotions, build resilience as well as monitor progress
Throughout her career, Teyhou has helped people work through a wide variety of issues. Her work focuses on:
- Developing emotional intelligence and resilience
- Strengthening professional and personal identity
- Avoiding performance anxiety and fatigue
- Coping with high expectations, personal and professional
- Stress Management and avoid corporate burnout
- Addiction issues and impulse control
- Understanding one’s own gender and cultural identity
- Depression Anxiety
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues