Search found 4 matches

Search found 4 matches
by Una
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 am
Forum: continence issues
Topic: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?
Replies: 15
Views: 17217

Re: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?

Hilary You are wise not to choose TVT especially if your symptoms are only mild as you may be left worse off after the TVT if you have complications. 5% complications does not mean the other 95% did not have any complications! The 5% which Teresa refers to is the number of removals being performed. ...
by Una
Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm
Forum: continence issues
Topic: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?
Replies: 15
Views: 17217

Re: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?

Thank you.

I will have a look at this site.

I definately wouldn't get a TVT - a friend of mine had all sorts of problems with it, infections, pain etc. Ive heard TOT is just as bad, I would ask what the other options are.
by Una
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 pm
Forum: continence issues
Topic: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?
Replies: 15
Views: 17217

Re: TVT FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE- IS IT SAFE?

HI Cheshirecat

I saw a leaflet on this operation - heres the link.

There seems to be quite a lot of risks involvd.

http://www.baus.org.uk/Resources/BAUS/D ... female.pdf
by Una
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 pm
Forum: continence issues
Topic: Leaking when laughing or coughing
Replies: 8
Views: 9595

Re: Leaking when laughing or coughing

Hi

you can also ask your GP to refer you to a specliast gynaecology physiotherapist to teach you how to do the pelvic floor exercises properly.

Una
Search found 4 matches