Signs of bowel cancer

Post your questions here on bowel cancer here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
crysilva

by crysilva on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 am

Signs of bowel cancer

Hello!I was just wondering what are the signs of bowel cancer if they are any and is it treated??I just seen now a topic about this and is first time when I heard of it (maybe I don't read too much sadly)but just being curious.As I'm in my 30's I start feeling not so well sometimes regarding my bowels.Sometimes I'm feeling bloated,sometimes constipated and days when I have diarrhoea from don't know what..just suddenly.I'm just being curious and always look up for advices. Thank you

Dr Jamal Hayat

by Dr Jamal Hayat on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: Signs of bowel cancer

The likelihood of bowel cancer as a cause of abdominal symptoms in your 30's is very low. If you have rectal bleeding or weight loss with associated abdominal symptoms then this should be investigated urgently. We also take into account other things such as family history and the results of blood tests.Sometimes we perform an investigation called a colonoscopy where we look inside the bowel with a special camera. As you get older, we have a lower threshold for performing investigations. For example over the age of 60 with an anaemia or change in your bowel habit.
Most likely your symptoms are nothing to be concerned about, however a consultation with your GP is reasonable in the first instance.
Dr Jamal Hayat
Consultant Gastroenterologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _hayat.php

crysilva

by crysilva on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Re: Signs of bowel cancer

Thank you so much for replying Mr.Jamal,I'm feeling better now that you have told be about it.
My auntie who's back home has those symptoms and she needs to be operated I think it's bowel cancer for sure and I'm feeling sad that in our country those types of operations cost lots of money and the treatments also:(
I'm scared not to be something hereditary.Till now I didn't experience blood or something else and hope to be ok.Thank you for the advice!

3 posts