Migraine at its peak

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
lucylinda

by lucylinda on Fri May 25, 2018 8:03 am

Migraine at its peak

Hello,
I am a mother of two. I have to juggle my life between home and office all the time. My second child is only two. I think the migraine started when I was in college and it started small and a painkiller or some balm would do the magic. I always recovered in like two days but after my pregnancies, it has risen and it is literally killing me and it would never go in two days. I don't know if I should take any more pills. It's too dangerous. I have tried changing my doctors, but it is of no use. They just prescribe different medicines. The headaches I get now are massive and I can't even take care of my kids properly. I collapse on the bed and wait for my mother or husband to come and help me. This can't go on. Is there anything else I can do? Can anyone of you share your experiences?

lucylinda

by lucylinda on Mon May 28, 2018 5:48 am

Re: Migraine at its peak

Hi,
As I mentioned earlier, my migraine has not reduced in any way. I don't want to eat any more pills because my neighbor also had migraine issues and she used to eat pills to get rid of it. But sadly she was diagnosed with kidney problems. I even tried meditation and some yoga for some relief but it was of no use. I was so fed up and I happened to talk to my manager about this and he asked me to visit a reflexology treatment which is apparently the best. So I have taken an appointment with them and I have to go and see how it turns out. Hopefully, it will help me at least a little bit. I want to spend more time with my kids and not just on the sickbed. I googled a little bit on this and found that it does help in alleviating the pain to a great extent.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon May 28, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No commerical links allowed thank you

Richa_94

by Richa_94 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 am

Hi, lucyLinda
As you mentioned that you are taking several treatments for a migraine and still not getting any desired result in that case you can go for certain home remedies such as increase intake of water,include magnesium rich food in your diet, have peppermint tea and more importantly take a proper nap along with your yoga and certain exercises.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

lizacox1989

by lizacox1989 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:23 pm

you should do regular gym and diet plan for permanent solution.

Life365Coach

by Life365Coach on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi LucyLinda,
Have you checked with your doctor about possible food allergens? A few items that have been found to be culprits with migraines include, cheese, chocolate, caffeine and wine. One remedy that some people have experienced relief with is doing a hot and cold shower. At the very beginning of feeling the pain coming on they would take a nice hot shower for 3-4 minutes and then immediately switch to cold for 30 second to a minute. Brrr! It feels good though.
All the best to you!

5 posts