dry back passage

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
kjmpde1980

by kjmpde1980 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 pm

dry back passage

everybody discusses the dryness of the vagina and there are many lubricants that can help BUT nobody discusses the dryness in the back passage. I have more than enough fibre in my diet so know that pain is not due to constipation but I do feel pain when passing stools. I feel so dry - tried some cream but nothing helps. Does anybody know of a treatment

CazH

by CazH on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:46 am

Re: dry back passage

Sorry this is a little late, I've just come on to this forum to take a look. You're right, there's not much said about this issue at all. You say there's pain when passing stools, but am I right in thinking you're not actually constipated? Dryness could lack of mucus perhaps, or irritation maybe caused by irritants (such as body wash) or clothing. You can get some skin conditions there too; have you noticed any itching or a rash at all? If so, you may want to go to a pharmacist and have a look for a hydrocortisone cream. Pain sounds like something more internal, however, such as the lack of mucus, though I think haemorrhoids can start this way too, so you may want to get a quick check done by your GP. They may suggest upping your water intake and some dietary changes to moisten stools or some kind of suppository to help with the dryness/pain. Obviously I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure what it is or what could help, but I'd certainly say checking it out with your GP may be a good idea as there will be some way of easing the symptoms and making you more comfortable.

Caz x
talkhealth Women's Health, IBS & Mental Health Ambassador
talkhealth blogger

Founder of http://www.invisiblyme.com

2 posts