38 y.o., but periods are irregular and feel faint

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
HelloItsMe

by HelloItsMe on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:33 pm

38 y.o., but periods are irregular and feel faint

New to this forum. I turned 38 in the summer, but recently noticed a couple of things: Until recently, prior to getting my period, I would experience breast tenderness (they would also grow in size), and upon getting my period, they would last at least 5 days. As of this past fall, and currently going through a lot of stress, prior to my periods, the breast tenderness has gone away and my periods are irregular (lasting only a fews days and they aren't as heavy).

Yesterday, I was at a neighbour's condo and noticed immediately upon walking in that the temperature was too high/hot and she agreed. After standing and talking for a while, I told her that I needed air (because it was too warm in her apartment and I was sweating) and had to get a glass of water. I was going to pass out if I stayed any longer and I began to feel my knees buckle. When I got back to my condo, I barely made it through the door before throwing up a little in my washroom.

Same thing happened to me a year ago (a day after my period started) when I was out shopping. I got hot, clammy, took my coat off, and before I knew it, my knees buckled and I collapsed. When this happened, I had a heavy period, but my 5 day periods have been cut down to 3 now.

Have any of you experienced any of this before? Any ideas what could be causing this? Stress, pre-menopause (but at my age?)?
Last edited by HelloItsMe on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: 38 y.o., but periods are irregular and feel faint

Hi HelloitsMe

Thank you for your post and welcome to talkhealth.

We would always recommend that you get checked out with your doctor, especially with heavy blood loss and irregular bleeding. Do also have a look at our menopause and women's health forums for additional advice.

Do please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts