Lichen Sclerosus

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
skday1000

by skday1000 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Lichen Sclerosus

Hi,
I was diagnosed with LS today (anal - sorry if TMI!) and would like to have a second opinion as the consultant I saw did not seem very thorough to me and couldn't answer a lot of my questions. I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction or recommend a London-based consultant they've seen for this condition? Or I would be very grateful and interested to hear about anyone else's experiences? Fortunately it seems it's in its early stages and I've not had any vulval discomfort yet so I'm hoping I can get on top of it with the prescribed creams. It's all a bit frustrating and upsetting as there doesn't seem to be much information around what causes it and apparently no known cures. I'm also 11 weeks pregnant at the moment so wondering if I should even use steroid creams - and if the LS might cause complications for giving birth vaginally. Again, would be very keen to hear anyone else's advice and experience around this.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Lichen Sclerosus

Hi skday1000

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel that the consultant who diagnosed you gave you enough information in relation to your LS. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

We would recommend that even though a consultant has prescribed your medication that you check with your doctor regarding the steroid cream and your pregnancy, they will be able to confirm if it is safe to use and if it is not, they will be able to prescribe an alternative.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts