Periods suddenly short? Please help!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Krasivaya

by Krasivaya on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Periods suddenly short? Please help!

hello! I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on what might be going on... too long didn't read at the bottom 😊

some background im a 27 yr old female with no history of any cysts or pcos or histoty of pregnancy or anything (had an ultrasound done a few months ago for pain only to find out I could feel myself ovulating lol). Im not on birth control and my boyfriend and I use the withdrawal method. (Been together 6 years, currently living together, not ttc but ok if it happens kinda thing)

Ever since I first got my period its ranged anywhere from 5-7 days long. The first day always being light/medium flow, the next 2 or 3 days heavy flow, and the last few days are brown spotting.

The last 2 periods I've had have been really short. Last month was only 4 days long with 2 bleeding days (red in color) and this past period was only 2 days as well, the first day REALLY light and the second day REALLY heavy (couldn't use tampons, had to use a pad) and yesterday I had only slight spotting (brown in color) and so far today I have slight spotting as well but I only need a panty liner for it.

I have taken a pregnancy test (one of the dollar ones cuz they were sold out of name brand) and it came out negative.

Tl;dr my periods are normally 5-7 days long and my last two have been 4 days and 3 days respectively and I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. No health history to explain this. 😔

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Due to covid my doctor probably won't see me as im not in any pain.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:53 am

Re: Periods suddenly short? Please help!

Hi Krasivaya,

Thank you for posting on the forum. Unfortunately we are unable to give specific medical advice on individual conditions but you may want to check out some information on period issues from our NHS website:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/periods/period-problems/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts