My Bf gets turned off by my scent. What should I do?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
yobear505

by yobear505 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:02 pm

My Bf gets turned off by my scent. What should I do?

First, i'd like to mention that I have a hard time getting my thoughts into words. So sorry if this sounds confusing.

In the past I have been told by a few close family members that I have a "foul body odor". Although, my friends would tell met that I didn't have an odor. Still i have been paranoid since then I make sure to shower everyday and try my best to keep up with my hygiene.

Unfortunately, this problem is still following me. So I have been with my bf for more than a year now and we have some issues with our sex life. The problem is that my bf tells me he gets turned off by my natural scent or musk. That it doesn't do it for him. As a result of this he has a hard time performing when we have sex. He and I are worried we are not sexually compatible.

I will note that I have had a moderately severe depression for a long time. I worry that I've had a funky scent because of my depression. A scent that I cannot shake just by showering regularly

I care about my Bf a lot and I really want this relationship to work out. What should I do? Is there another way of maybe trying to mask the scent. Or something else we can try doing?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:48 am

Re: My Bf gets turned off by my scent. What should I do?

Hi yobear505,

Thank you for posting on the forum. In the first instance, we would urge you to visit your GP or a sexual health clinic to get checked over just to rule out anything and to give you peace of mind. If they don't find anything that could be causing the possible odour, then you may want to ask your GP about yourself and your partner being referred to a sexual health therapist where they will be able to help you. Please click on link below to see how they can help:

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questi ... rapist-do/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts