Chiropractic treatment for backpain!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
Sarah Elsa

by Sarah Elsa on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 am

Chiropractic treatment for backpain!!

Hey everyone,

I've been having a lot of back pains recently, the worst lasting for literally weeks on end, and I'm thinking about going to see a chiropractor. My family has a history of spine problems, and my pelvis is lower on one side, causing my spine to twist to compensate.
What are your thoughts on chiropractors? Some people seem really for it; others look at it as some form of voodoo witch doctoring.I did an online search and found this clinic offering chiropractic treatment for backpain.
Does anyone here has approached them for services? It would be great to share your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Re: Chiropractic treatment for backpain!!

Hi Sarah Elsa,

Thank you for your post and hopefully other members will share their thoughts on chiropractors in due course. Here is some info on the treatment from our NHS partner:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:42 am

I have no experience of such a treatment BUT it could work. As long as they don't have quack claims that they can make an amputated leg grow back, then you're probably right to trust them.

I'd have your back treatment done. Even if it doesn't work, at least you tried. Definitely see a chiropractor.

Cuddle bear

by Cuddle bear on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 am

I have no experience of such a treatment BUT it could work. As long as they don't have quack claims that they can make an amputated leg grow back, then you're probably right to trust them.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 am

I bought myself a new mattress and metal bedframe. This is because my back was aching on a soft mattress. Perhaps you could do the same? A new mattress - online - can be purchased for around $150 - $200. Plus, you can have your old mattress removed by the delivery people. Because if your back is hurting, then you'll need good support in bed. It is amazing how a firm and supportive bed can ease back pain.

5 posts