The hormone pill

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Emiee1995

by Emiee1995 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:17 am

The hormone pill

hello
I am 18 years old and I have been on the pill for about 5-6 years now and I could be on them for quite a long time but I was wondering when I would like to have children (in my 20's) would me being on the pill for so long affect my fertility chances.
thanks

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:19 am

Re: The hormone pill

They are a hormone in pill form.
What it does depends on the hormone.

For example, estrogen pills (estrogen in a pill form so that they can be taken orally) cause an increase in estrogen throughout your body which then causes the secondary sex characteristics of a female to form, such as breasts, a lower ability to gain new muscle, and body fat would be redistributed so that it is carried more around the hips/butt/thighs rather than on the stomach like a male.

Testosterone pills (which they don't really use anymore because the pills kill your liver) would raise your testosterone levels and cause the secondary sex characteristics of a male, such as an increase in facial/body hair, a higher ability to gain new muscle, genital growth, and body fat would be redistributed so that it is carried more around the stomach.

Hope that helps! :)

3 posts