periods/implantation bleeding

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
tashaovull

by tashaovull on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm

periods/implantation bleeding

Hi

I have been on the pill for 6 years I come off the pill 14 months ago and have been trying for a baby from then not conceived yet :'( I went to the doctors to get my bloods done to see how my hormone was they were a lil low but they told me to take folic acid been taking this for 6 months now still haven't conceived yet. But in the last 4 months I have been experiencing some bleeding only really light pink blood when I go to the bathroom this happens 4 days before my period for the last 4 months. This bleeding lasts 3 days and then the day after that I start my period well that's what has happened the last 3 months. This months i have been bleeding pinkish blood when i got the bathroom for 3 days, now I am
waiting for my period to come .Has anyone got any advise on what this is or what this is

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 am

Re: periods/implantation bleeding

Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding.
When does implantation bleeding usually occur?

It can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation.
Should I worry about implantation bleeding occurring?

Unless accompanied by cramping, backache or increased bleeding, a small amount of blood being discharged should be considered as implantation bleeding which is nothing to be concerned about.
If this is implantation bleeding, when can I test to see if I am pregnant?

Home pregnancy tests are based on a very simple principle. They work by through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman’s urine. This hormone is a hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterine lining.

3 posts