Long term abnormal bleeding

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
claire28587

by claire28587 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Long term abnormal bleeding

Hi
I am 26 years old and have never had any problems with my periods. I started on my period about 8 months ago and i still to this day have not stopped bleeding yet. I am going out of my mind as my doctor has done 3 different blood tests, one for general, one for thyroid and one for diabetes which all came back clear. Then she took swabs which was all clear and also a smear which again was clear. She has now sent me to go and have a screening at hospital (I will keep you posted on that). Im at the end of my tether, my bleeding is heavy and non stop it also smells quite bad. Can someone please tell me what this could possibly be? The Dr said that there is nothing else she can do if the screening comes back fine. So is that it ? have i just got to carry on with my life covering up the bleeding issue with pills or a coil ? I want to know what it actually is that caused this change as it not normal and shouldn't really be happening.On top of the bleeding i do get bad belly sometimes but not all the time. The Dr did put me on Norethisterone which worked for a week but then i have started bleeding again its like my body has come used to the drug and has started to ignore it. It also gives me bad belly taking the drug. Please can some help ?

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 am

Re: Long term abnormal bleeding

See your gyno. Could be fibroids or something more serious. heavy bleeding is very hereditary in my moms family from about 40 to menopause. My mom went on the pill for it for a while. She didn't need it for birth control so she got off because of the expense. She and my grandmother had small fibroids that caused it along with the heavy bleeding. The drs said they could be removed but would likely come back and caused no harm other than the inconvenience of bleeding so much.

preetlove

by preetlove on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:43 am

If anyone face this problem at any stage of life. you should concern to Dr. as soon as possible. Because only Dr can suggest you, what should you do for sure.

anuradha

by anuradha on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:41 am

It is common problem in women. thanks for sharing.

5 posts