Acne Medication suggested by a dermat

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Aishajosh

by Aishajosh on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Acne Medication suggested by a dermat

Hi there,

I've had acne for a period of 10 years now; and I've been on and off medication since. In the 3 months I have been taking a tablet of Tretiva 200 mg every night; which has cleared by skin significantly but it causes my eyes to be dry and lips to crack frequently.

I still get a few acne breakouts and my doctor suggested that I start taking Diane 35 (a contraceptive pill) for 6 cycles and she said together with Tretiva, this will ensure that I do not get break outs again. We did a sonography test as well and found out that I have a mild case of Polycystic Ovaries (on my right ovary) and she believes that Diane 35 will help with PCOs as well.

However, I am not sure if I should go on a contraceptive pill as of now cause I am not currently sexually active and I do not know what the long term effect of it would be on my cycles and health. Would it affect my reproductivity in the future? And is Diane 35 actually safe to use- I've read some forums stating otherwise? And is a period of 6 months too long?

Any inputs in this regard will be of great help.

Thanks a ton!

sharncheema

by sharncheema on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Acne Medication suggested by a dermat

Your problem is very serious. You have to consult with a good doctor for effective results .Remedies may be harmful for you at that time.

3 posts