uterus mild stabbing pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
llanos16

by llanos16 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm

uterus mild stabbing pain

Hi could you help me determine if I have the begining of a uterine infection as I have had occasional mild stabbing pains every now and again? I have had a uterine tract infection in the past . I live in Spain and cant afford to go to the doctors a local chemist has advised me to take Nuril for the possibility of an infection but after reading the side affects I am bothered as its also used to treat heart, blood pressure probs as I have high chloersterol and heart conditions in my family (plus taking anti depressants ).should I take the Nuril and if so what dosage ?

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 am

Re: uterus mild stabbing pain

Try seeing your doctor by letting them know how horrible you feel. Sometimes an ectopic pregnancy or a ruptured ovarian cyst can cause pain in those areas. Because you have a fever this is definitely something that you need to see your doctor for. It could also be appendicitis since the pain can spread. A simple test to try and figure out its appendicitis (not a true diagnosis) is the following. Stand up and get on your tip toes. Drop your heels back down fast, if you have pain or increased pain suspect appendicitis. Also if you press on your belly and then let go, if it hurts worse when you let go to take the pressure away that's rebound tenderness which is also a symptom of appendicitis. If your doctor cannot see you today you may want to go to an urgent care center or hospital. Now that I think about it an urgent care center may not have the diagnostic testing such as an ultrasound, CT scan, lab to check the blood for increased white cell count, or other tests available to determine the cause of your belly pain and fever. Either way you are very sick so please get seen.

2 posts