Hard bloated stomach - not pregnant!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Bryony Cameron

by Bryony Cameron on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:39 am

Hard bloated stomach - not pregnant!

I dont know if anyone can help, but I have been experiencing problems for nearly a year now and noone seems to know what it is.

I am a fit and very active individual (triathlon and running), not over weight by any means (54kg) and have a very healthly and balanced diet which I tailor specifically due to all my physical training. However, for the last year I have been experiencing significant and hard bloating of the lower part of my stomach to the point that some days the muscles around my hip bones at the front seem to strain because of it. I will have most days where I look pregnant and it is really starting to get me down as I am feeling so self consious. I have not gained any weight, but my clothing is tight around my stomach because of it, and wearing tri suits is also a mental battle now as of how I feel it looks!

I have no pain, no wind and nothing seems to releive it. I have tried cutting out dairy, had blood tests for gluten intollerance and tried IBS medication, as well as a course of antibiotics, however none of these have made a difference or have come back as negative. There are days when I just feel 'full' as well and generally swollen around my stomach, but it is not painful just uncomfortable.

As I said I have been to the doctors about this a lot over the last 6 months and they dont seem to be able to work this one out, so I was wondering if there was anyone else who may have experienced such a thing, or any alternative experiences that GPs may not necessarily have come across?

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 8:30 am

Re: Hard bloated stomach - not pregnant!

You're backed up. You need to clean it out.

Lower abdominal pain, usually left side indicates the colon. If you "feel" masses, don't be alarmed. Just some feces that can't get through.

It's completely normal.

3 posts