Stretchmark Remedy

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

10 posts
lianne082

by lianne082 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 am

Stretchmark Remedy

Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells. Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices. Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the starch from the potato covers the affected area. Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 8:32 am

Re: Stretchmark Remedy

When I was a teenager I had a lot of stretch marks because I was very small and then grew. I really didn't exfoliate my skin very well and as a result my skin was tough instead of elastic. If your stretch marks are still a pinkish color you have a very good chance of getting rid of them with simple coco butter. Make sure that it is 100 percent. If not look for other products that have coco as it's first or second ingredient. This is because things are in order to how much is inside. If your stretch marks have passed this stage, than getting rid of them in a non expensive way is not likely, but still helps in preventing future marks. You can build muscle in those particular areas & tighten up the skin. This will make stretch marks less noticeable. If you don't want to work out they do have a process called dermal blending, which is a type of tattoo for marks.

danakerr

by danakerr on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 am

I agree! Getting rid of stretchmark is very expensive!!! I have a lot since I gave birth. I have tried several chemicals, topical creams and lotions but I do not see any improvement. All these were even recommended by my dermatologist. I don't want to go through some surgery tho.

I will try the potato thing, I hope it can help me get rid of these ugly marks. Thanks for the tip!

katrin bourgh

by katrin bourgh on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:14 pm

yeah, this potato thing really works, I tried it when I have acne problems. it's good for scars.

jamielee

by jamielee on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am

Stretch mark remedies vary depending on the person. The younger you are, the more likely they are to work because you naturally remove them. I tend to scar more easily once I got into my 30s, for example.

Also, many stretch mark remedies are meant to be preventive, such as during pregnancy. Once you get the stretch marks, they are much harder to remove.

EveCraig

by EveCraig on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 pm

I've been using dermalmd since the day i delivered my baby using day and night..... these stretch marks do seem to be very lighter!! Which makes me happy!

antiaging

by antiaging on Tue May 01, 2018 5:35 am

It Depends on how long you have had them and your age. But the best home remedies are Castor Oil.

Aloe vera is effective you can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area.

And potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed May 02, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL advertising has been removed. Not permitted in these forums

feast342

by feast342 on Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am

Have to try this potato thing,tried coco butter before and i think it work but the marks are still there.am going to come back with the result

Richa_94

by Richa_94 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am

Stretch marks occur due to pregnancy or sudden weight gain, what may be its reason of occurrence they are stubborn and not go easily, therefore several home remedies are available for stretch marks such as argon oil and potato juice they will prove very effective in treating stretch marks as well as including certain nutrients in diets like vitamin E and omega-3 Fatty Acids will also provide desired result to get rid of stretch marks.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

Barsha_Pandey

by Barsha_Pandey on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 am

Stretch marks can be reduced by using aloe vera that helps to regenerate cells of the skin, cocoa butter provides smoothness to the skin, natural acidity of lemon juice reduces scar, cucumber keeps the skin fresh with its cooling effect, and oils such as almond or coconut will help in reducing stretch marks.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: URL removed

10 posts