Number of Issues- Help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Destiny01

by Destiny01 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:44 pm

Number of Issues- Help

Hi there,

A brief history- I am overweight, BMI 27-28; Have been given mixed diagnosis on PCOS- I have regular periods- 33 to 35 day cycles. But have other symptoms of PCOS of hair growth on face, difficulty to lose weight. Higher testosterone count. Have had an ultrasound and been told there are multiple follicles.

Husband- Healthy weight; no history if issues; recent SA shows severe oligoozospermia. Very low progressive count. A previous SA had indicated no sperms at all but then the sample was incomplete then.

GP has referred to fertility clinic but the appointment isn't for months. I'm confused what our options are? GP suggested it may have to be donor sperm or adoption! I've read about ICSI, IUI, IVF- it is all a sea of information. Is there any supplements that we can take (prenatals? I'm taking folic acid but not very regular)

Is it the route of clomid? is there any chance of conception at all as both of us have issues?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

2 posts