Subfertility in men

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Miiisbahhh

by Miiisbahhh on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Subfertility in men

What are some of the treatment options available?

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Wed May 06, 2015 9:36 am

Re: Subfertility in men

Hello and thank you for your question.

I have done some research into treatment options for 'subfertility' in men. May I ask, has this been tested and diagnosed by a health care professional?

Fertility in men can be caused by different things, however it is usually due to abnormal semen. This can affect the number of sperm, mobility of sperm or shape of the sperm. This can be due to lots of different factors and I would recommend review with your GP to discuss this further.

Lifestyle factors can have a huge impact on fertility and as a start I would look to improve diet, exercise and minimise stress. Being overweight can impact on male fertility, as can excessive alcohol consumption and smoking. Severe stress can also limit sperm production. Why not visit your local community pharmacy where the trained staff can offer you tailored healthy living advice to ensure you are on the right track?

If you could provide more information I might be able to help you in more detail.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts