Uneven skin tone

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
cathy1967

by cathy1967 on Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Uneven skin tone

About 3 years ago the skin on my cheeks suddenly started flaking continously, i was prescribed many steriods but none worked. As time went on my cheeks got darker and darker the flaking stopped once i started using an organic product but the uneven tone remained. Has anyone else experiened this, my doctor said it was Malasma but the symtoms were not the same. I use foundation everyday to cover up as a cover up.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Uneven skin tone

Dear Cathy1967,

I am sorry to hear of your skin trouble. It is hard for me to offer you any advice without being able to see your skin. Perhaps you could attach a photo or visit your local community pharmacist who may be able to advise you further?

The British Skin Foundation website has some useful information that you may find helpful. They describe melasma as "darker-than-normal skin affecting the cheeks, forehead, upper lip, nose and chin, usually in a symmetrical manner."

Is your skin itchy, raised or sore at all? How do you feel your symptoms are different from that of melasma? If you could respond with a few more details I may be able to give a more specific response.

Best wishes,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts