Hair issue

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Sana waheed

by Sana waheed on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Hair issue

I have embarrasing facial hair on my chin. I can see 2 hair growing on my left cheek as well. I just use bleach cream to hide them. I also have lots of hair on my body as in my belly. And the funny n most embarrasing thing is I have so less hair on my scalp. I am almost getting bald .I never had thick hair but the condition got worst after I gave birth to my son. I experienced heavy hair loss , I know this is normal after pregnancy and now hair fall is not that bad but I am left with few hair.
I am so frustated at my condition. I dont have hair where they are suppose to be but have lots of them where there should not be any .
I went to my doctor for hormonal check up. She said my hormones are normal. What is actually wrong with me?

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Hair issue

Hello Sana waheed,

Thank you for your post. I appreciate this is a troubling issue for you and I hope you find my advice helpful.

From what you have described you could be suffering from a condition called hirsutism, however I strongly recommend you need to visit your GP for a confirmation of diagnosis.

Hirsutism is the word we use to describe excessive hair growth in women. The excess hair may appear on the:
•face – such as the upper lip or chin
•neck
•chest
•tummy – in a line from your belly button down to your pubic hair
•anal and genital area
•the front of your thighs

Hair loss (also called alopecia) and/ or a receding hair line are also associated symptoms of hirsutism.

The NHS Choices website (http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/hirsutism/ ... ction.aspx) has lots of background information regarding this condition and also some useful treatment options. On reading this, you will also see that this condition can affect approximately one woman in 20, so please do not feel that you are on your own.

Please post again if you have any further questions,

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts