The Pill - Brevinor

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
jbarrett

by jbarrett on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

The Pill - Brevinor

Hi There,

Please could you kindly advise me on a concern I have.

I have been on Brevinor (the pill) for almost 10 years, and things are regular as they should be.

Last month my period was a lot heavier than usual and this month hardly anything at all. It was due to start on Sunday, but on Saturday I started to see brown/red period/discharge then nothing at all come Sunday when it was all due.

What i would like to know is, is this normal for the pill? Can things like diet and exercise affect it?
Last time a similar thing happened was when I took some magnesium which was too high of a dose and when I have been poorly in the past with stress etc.

I know I am not pregnant, I have taken pills on time each day, and now I feel just like my period has finished.

Can you have very small bleeds on the pill?

Any advice / reassurance that this is normal would be great!

Thankyou in advance :)

Jackie

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Re: The Pill - Brevinor

Jbarrett

Thank you for taking the time to post a question in this forum. A member of the rowlands pharmacy team will be along to answer your question shortly.

In the mean time please do not hesitate to look and perhaps consider asking your question within our women's health forum: viewforum.php?f=340 you may find some of our users are able to relate to your experience.

Speak soon, the talkhealth team.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: The Pill - Brevinor

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your post and apologies for not responding to your query sooner.

There are many different factors that can affect the bleed, some of which you have already mentioned such as stress, diet and exercise.

Can I ask, are you experiencing any other symptoms at all? Have you had any bleeding or spotting between your periods?

Sometimes, if you run more than one pack together, this may also cause an abnormal bleed, usually with the bleed being heavier than usual.

My advice is to visit the GP for a review if your periods continue like this. Alternatively you could visit your local sexual health services who will be able to offer advice and carry out tests if necessary. By having a review, you will be able to get peace of mind and check that everything is ok. To find your local sexual health services, visit the NHS choices website and use the "services near me" tab.

I hope this helps, but if you would like further advice please do get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

3 posts